The Saturday Morning Cartoon Show Blog

Welcome to the online home of 89.1 WIDR's Saturday Morning Cartoon Show, hosted by DJ Beta and DJ Muppet every Saturday from 9-11am.

Our podcasts contain the same cartoon episodes, theme music, rocked out covers, and in-show musical acts you've come to love on the air. The Saturday Morning Cartoon Show is definitely a part of this balanced breakfast.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Help! I need The Saturday Morning Cartoon Show!

Yeah, we went there. Sure, we've taken you back to the sixties many times before, but never in a fashion so blatantly commercial and delightfully absurd , but in that wait-a-second-why-did-this-last-three-seasons kind of way. :) It's a fun jaunt into the world of The Beatles cartoon, but fun though it may be, it does sort of make one grateful for the animated versions of MC Hammer and The Police Academy.

I've a terribly long day today, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Obviously there's a ton of information out there if you want to know more about The Beatles, so I won't bog you down. Just sit back and enjoy. Keep an ear out for another awesome track from Mosh Pit On Disney by Japanese fave Asparagus.


Next week, please join us for a day filled with ridiculous villains, eco-consciousness, and early entries onto the "List Of Things That Make Alan Moore Violently Angry." If you said Swamp Thing, you're absolutely right! This promises to be a good time, whether you love or hate the twisted hulk Alec Holland has become. :)

Spring is on its way, my friends. Go outside and enjoy!

- DJ Muppet

ETA: Thank you for the heads up, Dani. The podcast link is all fixed and should take you to the right place. Sorry about that. Did I mention I have a very long weekend? Yeah, seven hours of over time in three days. I'm a little punchy.

2 comments:

dani jones said...

you forgot the l in megaupload, so it takes you to the wrong page, just so you know.

DJ Muppet said...

Thank you, Dani! I really appreciate the heads up. It's all fixed now. :) Looks like the long weekend caught up with me sooner than I expected.